All of our online training courses are free! We also offer bespoke training for individual researchers and groups as part of our consultancy services. All of our training is offered remotely. Carefully designed videos are combined with personalised practical exercises ensuring the training is embedded in your particular work situation.
Digital Editions course
This digital editions course covers the the whole process of creating a digital edition, from selecting a text right through to publication. The training sessions are interactive, the XML sessions have exercises to complete, and many of the slides have clickable hyperlinks, sometimes embedded in images. Don’t forget to explore the resources, each session has a worksheet to help you with that stage of the course. Please send any feedback to email@example.com.
- Session One. Introduction and choosing a text.
- Session Two. Digitisation – images. How to take, use, describe and share images appropriately.
- Session Three. Transcription. Editorial decisions and special characters.
- Session Four. Encoding. Introduction to XML and the Text Encoding Initiative (TEI).
- Session Five. Encoding 2. Navigating the TEI documentation. More advanced editorial encoding.
- Session Six. Quality Assurance. Tips and tricks for checking your work.
- Session Seven. Preservation. Using a repository.
- Session Eight. Publication and Dissemination.